How do you create good teams? A large Swedish company with more than 50,000 employees took help from Skillnad and developed an app: Teamr. After a year, the pilot teams were on average 15% better.
The result after using the app for a year was that the company increased its score in Teamr's quality survey by an average of 15 percent. But the company also scored higher in its own employee survey. The management team stated that "it felt better." More people were having fun at work, were more effective and were satisfied with their team.
- We don't know if it's because of Teamr, but we want to make sure it's connected," says the organisation and leadership consultant.
What makes a good team?
In a good team that works well together and delivers, everyone shares the same goals and wants the same thing. There are clear goals, clear roles and clear expectations. When problems arise, they are solved together and new ways are found. Everyone helps each other and pulls and celebrates successes together. The reason why professionals today have to work in teams is often that different skills are needed to achieve goals. There are complex tasks to be solved and the pace of change is high. This means that people can achieve more together and have more stamina.
A good team also provides great human values such as being seen, acknowledged and feeling connected. In a good team there is also the ability to learn new things all the time. You don't see yourself as "finished". Finally, we can state that a good team dares to challenge itself.
Get help to become a dream team!
Teamwork and working peace
So how do you get such good teamwork and peace of mind? The company, with more than 50,000 employees, had good experience of using team development coaches and the Teambook tool . Teambook can be said to be the predecessor of the app Teamr. The difference is that Teambook is based more on the role of the coach and the personal meeting. Teamr gives the group the opportunity to manage their own process directly in the app.
Used by all
In a large company, a tool that could be used by everyone was needed to make the methodology and the positive effects take hold.
- If we were to reach out in a real way, we needed to find a more scalable way of working. That's when we started developing Teamr together with Skillnad ," says the organisation and leadership consultant.
Teamr gives everyone the opportunity to influence their own development, which also creates an exponential effect.
50 pilot teams tested Teamr
The company started with about 50 pilot teams to test Teamr.
- We wanted proof of concept, you could say. This was done with minimal coaching. We got the teams up and running, checked in with them from time to time, and that lasted for a year. After this year, we did a final measurement on the teams that were part of a larger organization. Here we went from an average of 70 to an average of 78, a significant increase in the TQS.
The TQS is a quality measurement and self-assessment from Skillnad that shows the progress of the team.
The management team: "It felt better"
- The management team had also risen. When we presented all this material, they could only agree that it felt better. We don't know why, but it felt better. We could also see that it correlated with the internal employee survey. We don't know if it's because of Teamr, but we want to see that it's related.
- Absolutely, I would recommend Teamr. Then it's important to understand that when you go from classroom training to doing it virtually, this is a different art form. You have to understand what you are doing. You have to understand what's key in this, that the human is still important.
- You shouldn't think that you just go to Teamr and it's solved. The team still has to do it and it has to be their way. It's the team that makes the journey, not me. All I do is communicate and push.
Get help to become a dream team!